The Time is Now

Let's make this moment....last. -Moloko

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Travelling to work

As most of you know, my office moved roughly three weeks ago. I've had enough time to discover that the earlier I leave, the later I get there. Therefore, I'm now leaving later than ever, it boggles my mind how 15-20 min can make all the difference. The trip technically is shorter (in kms), yet takes the same amount of time and way more effort. I don't transfer anymore, the plus side is that I can stay on the same street car all the way there, it's travelling through downtown that kills me. In the mornings I don't live east enough to get a seat, I stand 2/3 of the way there, hit the two major downtown swarms, then the bathurst masses. On the way home, I luckily get on one stop before the rush, but I think people are slowly getting smarting and walking to my stop from the next one.
Today, we were stuck in traffic because of The Lord of the Rings musical opening night, then the convoy of tractor coming down from Queen's Park on University, and then the picketting at George Brown. I can't wait until the weekend! I like the new office, not sure about the neighbourhood yet, and hate the trip to work...I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually. My MP3 player is sure coming in handy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home