The Time is Now

Let's make this moment....last. -Moloko

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Again with the French!

On the way home on Tuesday, I happened to pass a flood of disappointed German fans as the semi-finals with Italy ended at the intersection of King and University. So yesterday, knowing that I was going to have to pass the same French restaurant on King as Saturday, I was hoping that 1. either France would lose, or 2. I'd pass before the game against Portugal ended. Neither of those things happened. As soon as the streetcar crossed University, I started hearing whistles and cheering, and suddenly the streetcar stopped moving. A steady stream of French fans spilled out onto the streets and blocked traffic in all directions. Seeing as the streetcar is on tracks we weren't going anywhere, the driver finally opened the doors to let us out. I ended up walking through the crowd until I reached another car beyond the excitement. At least I wasn't heading the other direction, the traffic seems far worse for some reason. You can't tell from the final pic, but there are at least eight streetcars trying to go west.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home