The Time is Now

Let's make this moment....last. -Moloko

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The 292 oooopsy.

My sincere apologies to everyone I sent emails to today. I was trying to set up my work email to say I'd be away as of May 16th until further notice. Somehow I managed to send out 292 emails, 21 to myself, 47 to the IT Manager, 20+ to the Executive Secretary, 35+ to the receptionist, 4 to the President of the company, and multiple other emails to various friends and coworkers, and at least 30 to people who's names I don't even recognize.

As I was typing out what my message would say, I noticed that the window behind suddenly put an arrow beside every email in my inbox, that's when I started getting email from myself, and then a number of phone calls, IMs and people coming by my desk. I was a tad shaken by how when I initially was going to type the message it was going to be some crazy message full of cursing and an inside joke to the ONE coworker I was going to have test out my auto reply. That is totally the kind of mess I get myself into all the time, fortunately for me, I only typed the wrong date (which also caused confusion, seeing that it was a date that has already gone by). *sigh*

Instead of leaving without anyone here knowing my business, I spent the rest of the afternoon explaining that I was going to have CP surgery tomorrow.

I gave the office a good laugh. I was the daily comic relief at the office at my own expense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home