The Time is Now

Let's make this moment....last. -Moloko

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sydney Day 1 - highlights.

Weather - rain, at times torrential. Not as cold as I thought it would be, I think it was in the mid teens.

1. Got out of the airport! Whooooooooooooooohooooo. Saw J1 and T (for the first time) Double Whooooohooooooooooo! Immediately talked to the folks on the phone, and confirmed out lunch plans.

2. Went straight to their new digs, it is awesome! Had a Lamington (white cake, dipped in chocolate, and covered in coconut) and a coffee, unpacked, showered and changed and headed off to see the folks.

3. By 11:03 am I was hugging my Mother for the first time since September 2001. It was awesome to see her, it has been way too long. Followed by my Dad, who I saw Jan 2006 in Winnipeg, great to see him too, under way better circumstances.

4. Went for dimsum in Eastwood, of course we chose everything off the first few carts and then realized we may have had too much food.

5. Back to my folks place for a few minutes so they could open thier gifts from myself and AM. They loved everything. Thanks AM for the Blue Bombers cap, Dad was wearing his TTC one all day long...I think its his favourite.

6. The three of us then went grocery shopping, I was getting tired, we went to a mall and I was facinated with the food court. Note: Australians have a way of making Signage and Graphics make food, even unhealthy food, look good for you. I bought more Timtams than I know what to do with, six flavours that I don't even know if I'll even try! Gifts for my coworkers I guess :)

7. T made a great Chickpea Veggie Casserole, note to self I have to buy one of those oven casserole dishes with a lid.

8. Played Wiii, Bowling and Shooting (and some face recognition game which I suck at) until I was ready to pass out. I think I did pretty well seeing as I had been up since around 3am Sydney time.

I may remember more when I see my photos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home