The Time is Now

Let's make this moment....last. -Moloko

Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Monday, January 02, 2006

Which reminds me...

When I cover for the recepetionist during her lunch break, days off (like today) or while she's on vacation, I am reminded of the day I thought I was doing a good deed. Which is why my I was questioning myself a minute ago.

Way back in the Fall of 2004 there was a major gas leak down the street, and the buses were being diverted. The TTC supervisor came and put up a temporary bus stop on a pole just outside our office door. After 2 days, the bus went back on its regular route. However, the sign never came down....infact that very same sign is still there. I suspsect the fare hikes goes towards paper signs and packing tape!

Last summer, I was coming back from lunch, and saw a woman with a bunch of parcels standing by this make shift sign. Here was my chance to do a good thing, so I walked up to her and told her this wasnt' a stop. Infact I went into the whole story about the gas leak and how the sign was left there. She kept trying to say something to me, but I just kept on explaining. Then I got annoyed, and ended it off with..."well if you want to stand there forever, go ahead, but you're wasting your time, because there is NO BUS!" and I stormed into my office. A couple minutes later I saw her leave.

The next day I was at the front and saw a bus turn onto our street. I commented to the receptionist that there must be a problem on the route because there isn't normally a bus on our street. This is when she informed me of how there has been a regular bus here for about 2 weeks and this stop was new. UGH!

Boy did I feel terrible, and sure enough when I was covering the phones at lunch I saw another bus go by. (Secretly, this story still makes me laugh - I bet the woman was trying to tell me that she's been taking the bus for two weeks now!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home